I have written many, many times about country music. It is what I listen to. Most times, I haven’t heard a pop song unless a country artist has covered it. And, yes, country music has changed; but I am embracing of all of it. I love Little Big Town – they are my favorites. I will listen to traditional country and I will listen to the newer stuff that a lot of people don’t like. I listen to the outlaws and the mainstream. I listen to it all.
So, in honor of the ACM awards, below are some albums that I think you should check out.
- Chris Stapleton “Traveler”. If you haven’t already checked out this album, you are really, really missing out. It is amazing and definitely worth a listen.
- Eric Church “Mr. Misunderstood”. Another amazing album that really pulls you in and makes you want to sing along.
- Kip Moore “Wild Ones”. This is an album that should be getting more airtime and more play than it is. Go listen to it. Get lost in it. It will be so easy to do.
- Cam “Untamed”. Cam’s album is amazing and covers the ballads, up tempo fun songs, and everything in between.
- Little Big Town “Pain Killer”. This band is amazing – they are the best. They deserve the success they are finally getting. You have to check them out if you haven’t.
- Charles Kelley “The Driver”. I was skeptical of this album at first, but I really enjoy it and you should really check it out.
- Jana Kramer “Thirty one”. Another great album. My favorites are her ballads. They just make me smile and I love her and want to be best friends with her.
- Chris Young “I’m Comin’ Over”. Another great album. I think that Chris has continued to get better as he has performed and put out new music.
- Carrie Underwood “Storyteller”. This album was one that I wasn’t sure how much I would love…but I do love it. It goes back to that story telling tradition that made country music great.
- David Nail “I’m A Fire”. Maybe one of the most underrated guys in country music (along with Kip). This album, his vocals, and his songs are so great.
These are just the tip of the iceberg, and you might find that you have a different taste than me. Check them out. Listen to them – the whole album because you’re never going to hear the best cuts on the radio (it just doesn’t happen any more, in my opinion). Let me know what you think. Recommend someone to me.
Enjoy the music. Enjoy your Monday.
Do you love any of these albums? Are there any albums that should be on this list more?