5 years ago (or somewhere around there), I started a 30 before 30 list. I was young, I was ambitious, I was a little bit foolish. I had completed a handful of things on that 30 before 30 list and finally looked at it again recently. It was not indicative of who I was or what I wanted at this time. So, I decided as one of my resolutions to overhaul my 30 before 30 list.
My resolution is: Edit, finish, and complete 30 before 30 list.
So here is my new 30 before 30 list. Something I want to accomplish in this next year and have already begun to accomplish (which is good since I’m a few weeks into my birthday year already).
Below you will find the list along with a brief explanation. This list will then be housed in my 30 before 30 page and I will write about each event once completed.
30 before 30
- Publish a novel – I have talked about this one a lot. It is something I have wanted to do for a long time, and I hope to make it a reality soon.
- Go on 10 unique dates – I have a lot to say about this, but I need to get back out there and this will help.
- Go on 10 unique friend dates – I have so many interests and friends that I want to mix things up a little bit and do a lot of fun things.
- Go on 10 unique family dates – I am not super close to my family, but I like to spend time with them and so I want to go on a few unique family dates with my parents and/or siblings
- Cultivate a yoga practice – I think it is clear that yoga is something I need in my life. So I want yoga to become a more regular part of my life.
- Get to a healthy goal weight – This is very important to me and something I have struggled with a lot lately. A few years ago I lost a lot of weight and felt great about myself and it’s not everything, but it will help with my health.
- Create a logo for Expertly Elise – This is something fun that I can’t wait to accomplish. I think it will help make things cohesive and something I’m very excited about doing!
- Publish a photo book – with my own photos – This will help me on my goal of taking more photographs. If I don’t have pictures to put into a photo book, I can’t make one.
- Create a 52 week contact challenge – This is something I’ve wanted to do for a while. Wait until you hear about it. I hope that people want to sign up and do it!
- Find 5 healthy recipes that are healthy and I love (and can cook) – When I did the 21 day fix, I found healthy recipes I loved to eat. I would like to fine 5 go-to healthy meals that will be easy to throw together when I am ready to make it happen for me. I think this is SO important.
- Design 55 greeting cards – This will help with creativity outlets and also with my 52 week contact challenge.
- Go on a bike tour – This will help with my weight loss goal and maybe spending time with my family as my dad bikes, my brother used to bike and my other brother may begin to bike soon.
- Send a postcard to PostSecret – I used to look at PostSecret every week. I want to send in a postcard and release a secret to the world.
- Take an exercise class at a trampoline park/building (like Skyzone) – I’ve been to Skyzone to just jump and have fun. It’s great. I want to take one of the exercise classes they offer just to try it out.
- Move out of living with my mom – This is something I’ve wanted to do for a while and will almost 100% happen this year. I love my mom, but I need to not worry about it and just do it.
- Take a spin class – I would like to take an organized spin class at least once this year, maybe more often if I find one that I really like.
- Take a yoga class at a studio – Thus far, my yoga practice has been developed at home – and it will most likely stay a mostly home practice, but I would like to experience a live class with an instructor that is present.
- Be able to do a handstand – This is something that is a stretch for me. It is a dream that would mean a lot if I can make it happen.
- Find a full time job – The past six years, I have been a substitute teacher. Unfortunately, it is time to find something full time and permanent.
- Get a 365 day streak on 750words.com – I have come so close to this and I hope that I can make it happen. It’s not easy, but it’s something I really want to make happen. (This writing is in addition to my writing on the blog or fiction writing usually)
- Participate in NaNoWriMo 2016 – This is something I have done the past 5 years and will do again this year.
- Create 10 unique DIY crafts (probably from Pinterest) – I love DIY and can’t wait to see what I decide to make.
- Do something selfless for someone I love – I have no idea what this might be, but I’m excited to give it a try.
- Stand up for myself by doing what’s best for me – This could be by moving or saying no or saying something. It will not be easy, but it will be worth it.
- Buy a stranger food/coffee – Just something I want to do at least once.
- Get season tickets for hockey – This is done and I will purchase them again if I am still in the area, but is important to me so I put it on here.
- Do something that terrifies me – I don’t know what this will be, but it’s something that I am excited to figure out and accomplish.
- Write (and publish on my blog) 10 poems – I used to write poetry a lot. I want to write more. It is important to me.
- Have my palm read – This is something I’ve wanted to do for a while. It’s something fun and will probably be interesting.
- Finish Adult Coloring Book – I got this for Christmas and I love doing it, but it does take time. So I want to make sure to make that time.
Most of these are items that were not on my original 30 before 30 list. So it is a list of 30 things that I want to complete this next year. And I think it’s a good list. And I’m so very excited about it.
Are any of these items similar to what you have on your 30 before 30 list? Any suggestions on things I should do – dates? crafts? Advice on how to complete something?
(I apologize that this post is so long. The rest of the week will be shorter, I promise. Thank you for reading. Thank you for joining me on this journey.)