Yesterday, I posted some musings on my 29th birthday. To be clear, I am not where I thought I would be at 29. I do not feel like an adult. I am a far cry from successful or fulfilled at this point.
This post is serving as a way to help me look forward to the coming year (in a good way), but also to look forward into the future to see what the new year will bring.
This year, I am making strides to change that. I made myself 10 New Year’s Resolutions. They are as follows:
- Eat Clean 80% of the time
- Record all books read on Goodreads
- Monthly weekend jobs (writing, photography – shoot and edit, reading, hiking/biking)
- 365 Photo Challenge
- 52 week contact challenge
- Exercise at least 6 days a week
- Edit and self-publish NaNoWriMo 2015 novel
- Write, edit, and self-publish a new story (that I already have begun thinking about heavily)
- Start and keep new blog (Expertly Elise)
- Edit, finish, and complete 30 before 30 list
Already, I know that I need to revisit this list.
I am going to be getting rid of the 365 Photo Challenge (I have done this before and while I enjoyed doing it and I started out semi-strong, I would rather focus on other things).
I will also be getting rid of the 52 week contact challenge. This is something I very much want to complete, but cannot devote time to this year.
I also think that I am going to be getting rid of editing and self-publishing my NaNoWriMo 2015 novel. This story was something I was happy to write, but it does not have my heart right now. And the story that I want to write now is something that I really want to focus on this year.
That leaves me with 7 resolutions to work on and really make happen. I have not been 100% successful thus far, but I am getting started on it in a way that is better, a way that will be more helpful to me.
Over the next week, I will be visiting each of these resolutions in more detail including how I will track my progress and how I plan to know if I am successful or not.