I’ve been thinking a lot about happiness lately. I have been in a funk. And I know that there are lots of reasons why this funk has pervaded my life and my living and my being the person that I know and used to be and want to be again. Part of getting back to who I used to be is to figure out what makes me happy and to do more of those things.
So, here is a list of what makes me happy (it goes without saying that this list is definitely not exhaustive, but things that I know make me happy and I need to focus on more right now):
- Reading a good book
- Coming up with a really great, really creative idea
- Taking pictures that are artistic and pretty
- Helping people
- Seeing friends
- Talking to my sister
- Eating a good dinner
- Getting a good night’s sleep
- Watching good movies and TV shows (of course, what I consider good)
- Using my brain to think instead of vegging out constantly
- Being alive
I promised myself that I was going to bed early tonight and it’s getting to be not so early, but I wanted to post because I was going to post today, but for a good portion of the day I was lazy.
What makes you happy? Do you have any advice for me on getting out of a depressive funk? How have you been feeling lately?